We’re here to help.
Responsive Practice is an approach that moves away from traditional and reductionist views of people and behaviour. This approach is guided by foundational beliefs that challenge pathological, problem-oriented and biomedical-focused frameworks so that we may understand and approach human helping in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
If you want to;
- Have a greater impact on the people you serve
- Navigate complex and challenging situations with clients and coworkers
- Understand and eliminate resistance and opposition
- Increase client buy-in and engagement
- Strengthen team cohesion, collaboration and communication
- Find greater satisfaction, success and meaning in the work
Then you’ve come to the right place.
Responsive Leadership is the perfect complement to Responsive Practice. The only holistic leadership framework that is perfectly aligned with how we expect our front-line practitioners to work, we’ll help you operationalize and sustain a truly values-centred, human-focused and effective leadership practice. We’ll help you move away from traditional models of “carrot and stick” management, towards true meaning and engagement.
We know that your priorities are;
- Maximizing employee motivation and engagement
- Inspiring greater performance
- Reducing staff burn out and turnover
- Attracting and retaining quality employees
- Strengthening and sustaining great culture
- Achieving (and exceeding) expected outcomes
“The total experience with Steve is beyond words. It is mind blowing! The training and the immediate, positive and profound impacts on staff and staff teams is like nothing I’ve experienced in more than 30 years in the field.”
– Gail Steeds, Probation Manager, Youth Justice Services, Ottawa Ontario Canada
“I’ve had the privilege of working with Jeff Couillard for many years. He is extremely passionate about his work and articulates with ease how we can all do better for children, youth and families, while strengthening our communities. He’s masterful at taking well researched models and best practices and turning them into easily integrated ideas that create change. He uses simple useful tools and the power of intention.
He’s a transformational leader and a visionary. I would highly recommend Jeff’s work to anyone.”
– Candace Windisch
“Stephen de Groot is to Human Services Leadership, as Gabor Mate is to Addictions. I would rank him as the absolute best trainer I have ever experienced. His Responsive Leadership Conference had a profound impact on me and the staff that attended. We refer to the book regularly and I find our members quoting Steve’s words and the material constantly in conversations. The paradigm shift and impact were immediate; we are making it a part of our culture and the way we practice.”
– Lisa Graham, HR Manager, Enviros, Calgary Alberta, Canada
“I wanted to let you guys know how much I got out of your programs. The information you both engraved on us had so many applications that I am already using some methods of position of power with parents and teachers while also respecting what motivates and drives our teachers to allow them to feel more fulfilled and engaged in the pedagogical practice.”
– Brent Legault, Rockyview School Division
“I firmly believe that Responsive Practice is the future.”
– Chris Sullivan, Supervisor, Enviros YTA Program